The 2015 Portable Sanitation Expo will be taking place on 25 and 26 February at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry. It is the only event 100% dedicated to the ever-expanding portable sanitation sector. The event will showcase the latest technologies in the industry and will be an excellent forum for professionals to share their knowledge in terms of new products, waste management and disposal, the transportation of effluents and all related legislation. Visitors will be able to attend a variety of seminars and live demonstrations free of charge.
There will be a designated “Ask the Experts Zone” where visitors can receive one-to-one support during a 15-minute-session with an industry expert. Participants will be invited to discuss their portable sanitation requirements, and ideas or concerns in relation to the sector. The “PSE Live” demonstration area will give people the chance to view and explore the latest welfare and portable sanitation facilities. This will be a unique opportunity for those involved in buying and hiring units to meet some of the industry’s top suppliers, build relationships, and assess the latest technologies on the market according to their needs.
Martin Murdoch, General Secretary of Portable Sanitation Europe Ltd said: “We’re very excited about the event; there will be different zones, live demos and seminars showcasing “future” technologies that are currently being developed. Visitors will be given an exclusive insight into these upcoming-technologies – think eco-friendliness, ergonomic improvements and efficiency! We’re working in a growing and innovative industry, and the developments are exciting for businesses and consumers”.
Seminar topics will include:
- Legionella – This will be an opportunity to get practical advice on controlling the risks posed by Legionella in water systems.
- Toilets of the future – This will be an opportunity to learn about innovations in the industry and how new toilet designs could benefit end-users.
- Tachograph requirements and licensing – This will be an opportunity to learn about the regulations and legal requirements concerning the transportation of effluents and sanitation solutions.
- Risk assessment and insurance – Visitors can find out how they can help keep their staff and other end-users safe by delivering best practice in terms of site assessment, logistics, delivery, and waste disposal.
- Introduction to the accreditation – are your staff qualified? – Visitors will learn about how the National Sanitation qualification can help employees work safely and efficiently. The qualification has been designed by experts covering topics such as the servicing of portable sanitation units, personal protective equipment, safety and back care, and loading and unloading of units.
- Welfare cabins on construction sites – Attendees will learn about the new obligations in terms of the provision of welfare units on construction sites.
Exhibitors will range from experts in the manufacture and supply of welfare units, pump systems, portable toilets, trailers and modular buildings, plus cleaning and insurance professionals, and other ancillary services. Major brands exhibiting include GigLoo, SafeChem, Plastic Solutions, Satellite Industries, G K & N, Securi Cabin UK Ltd, Genquip Groundhog Ltd, Rom Koks Group, Ditchburn Truck Services, Shorelink International, Boss Cabins, Manor Coatings, Biomarsh, Water Direct, Vectair Systems Ltd, Jobec UK Ltd, Traakit, Avant Techno UK Ltd, Portable Sanitation Europe Ltd, Human Focus, Modular Portable Buildings Association, Atlas, Custodia Systems, AJC Trailers and Reactive Hire Limited.
The Modular Portable Buildings Association (MPBA) – the UK’s only not for profit trade association for the modular and portable building industry – will be supporting the expo, which is predominately aimed at the hire rental market including large festival and event organisers, the construction industry, landowners, military and government organisations and other end-users.
As a gesture of the industry’s commitment to improving the welfare of society (namely through its work to drive up the standards of portable sanitation facilities and the way in which the sector is managed), the Portable Sanitation Expo team has pledged to give £1 to Beating Bowel Cancer for every industry visitor attending the event. Beating Bowel Cancer is a UK charity that supports and campaigns for everyone affected by bowel cancer.
If you are interested in visiting and/or exhibiting at the Portable Sanitation Expo 2015, please call Denise on 01293 854402. Register your place at www.ps-expo.com. All pre-registered industry professionals who attend the event will be entered into a prize draw to win an iPad.
For regular updates in the run up to the event follow PSE Ltd on Twitter @PSE_Europe
Networking Party and Buffet – 25 February
There will be a networking party at the expo on Wednesday evening (25 February). Bar 87 at the Ricoh Arena has been booked for the event, where an ‘all you can eat’ buffet and complimentary drink will be on offer for visitors. Members of Portable Sanitation Europe Ltd, plus exhibitors and visitors to the expo are welcome to come and catch up with old friends, meet new people in the industry, and enjoy some delicious food and drink. The party starts at 5.30pm. Please email email@example.com for tickets. Tickets are £30 + VAT. For those who fancy a little flutter afterwards, the Casino will be open nearby.